Thursday, March 31, 2016

Ex-Student takes on University of Abuja & Accuses Lecturer of Harassment | Lecturer Responds

The News NG reached out to Samuel Olorunfemi Adams for his side of the story:




Here is what they reported;
“We got a phone call phone Mr Samuel Olorunfemi Adams asking us to take the story down as it was affecting his image, He also stated that many of his colleagues have been trying to reach him on the issue which is very embarrassing.”
Here’s an excerpt of the conversation between Mr Adams and TheNews.NG‘s correspondent Olawale Adeniyi
Mr Adams: Hello, good afternoon my name is Mr Samuel Olorunfemi Adams there’s a story on your news platform stating that I harrased a student of Uniabuja. The story is all a lie, please I need you to take it down I am innocent.
TheNews.NG: Sir, we can’t take the story down just like that, its against the ethics of balanced reporting, we need to speak to the two parties involved to ascertain that you are truely innocent. would you be willing to tell us your side of the story?
Mr Adams: Yes
TheNews.NG: Please tell us exactly what happened?
Mr Adams: On the day the incident happened, I instructed students to move the next hall to write their exam every other student moved but she refused. she stated that I was a wicked lecturer and that she’s heard a lot about me and that she was not going to move. In the course of that her phone fell and broke.
TheNews.NG: She said you broke the phone?
Mr Adams: Here’s what happened, she asked me to give her the phone and i insisted that she fill the exam malpracices booklet, she refused, she insulted my family, she said my family couldn’t afford a Blackberry phone this got me angry, so I smashed it on the ground.
TheNews.NG: Did you flog her with your belt?
Mr Adams: No I did not, I only tried to scare her with the belt and the belt mistakenly touch her. Then she jacked my collar.
TheNews.NG: Why did you insist that she fill an examination malpractices form since the offence she commited was not related to exam malpractice?
Mr Adams: You see in exam there are rules and regulations, she was given the form because she disobeyed a lecturer and it is against the school rule. I instructed her to leave the hall and go to the next hall but she refused, secondly she held my collar and it was her fellow students who rescued me from her.
TheNews.NG: But that is still not exam malpractice, why insist on an exam malpractice form?
Mr Adams: keeps mute
TheNews.NG: Peradventure you both meet in the court of law over this matter do you have any witness in your favour?
Mr Adams: I don’t have witnesses i don’t know any of the students, please I just visited your website the story is still there, when are you going to take it down?
TheNews.NG: We wont take it down until investigations into the case are concluded.
In case you missed the original post, read it here 

1 comment:

  1. Why would a lecturer say he pulled out his belt to scare away an adult? Na nursery school dem dey?

    ReplyDelete