Saturday, April 2, 2016

Nollywood Actor Yomi Fash Passionately Replies Critics who call Yoruba Actors “Illiterates” | Watch




Nollywood actor Yomi Fash, known popularly for his role in Yoruba movies, has a message for people who refer to Yoruba speaking actors as “illiterates”.
According to him, in an interview with Hip TV, the term illiterate does not apply because English is not our mother tongue.
He speaks passionately about the issue. Watch below.





I completely agree with him. I have met a lot of intelligent non-English speaking people and its funny to see Nigerian children raised in Nigeria not being able to speak their local dialect.

4 comments:

  1. He's right. I try my best to make my American kids understand if not speak Yoruba and my friends in Nigeria don't let their kids speak it. I asked one of them once and she said the teachers don't speak good English so if they speak Yoruba at home then the kids would have no place to learn the English language. Ok now. My kids can teach them Yoruba for a fee when they are ready to learn.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's right. I don't know why we think speaking our language makes us illiterates. Showing off that I'm bi-lingual(multi if I count my little french too)makes me happy.
    I try my best to make my American kids understand if not speak Yoruba and my friends in Nigeria don't let their kids speak it. I asked one of them once and she said the teachers don't speak good English so if they speak Yoruba at home then the kids would have no place to learn the English language. Ok now.
    My kids can teach them Yoruba for a fee when they are ready to learn sha.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is right, my little boy of 2+ speaks Yoruba fluently,at first someof my friend's call him( baba Yoruba,am proud of him, He speaks both English and Yoruba,most of his of peers can't.

    ReplyDelete