Friday, April 22, 2016

WALKING AWAY FROM YOUR CHILDREN


It's one thing to walk away from your child (ren), it's another for anyone to prevent their spouse from seeing their child (ren ). You are only punishing your child(ren) and depriving them of fatherly/motherly love.

I remember an aunt whose kids were taken from her instead of the children to be taken to school, they found themselves in America. No one to help her fight and bring the children back. No one knew their whereabouts. The authority wouldn't help because according to them the children were taken to a better place. Traditionally children are believed to be the husband's property so no one saw anything wrong with his actions. She developed drinking problem, she had to drink every night to numb her pains. I remember spending the holiday with her. She wailed every night, curled up crying and praying for God to let her see her children. By morning she wiped off her tears and went to work. Her work was the only thing that preoccupied her. Remarrying wasn't an option. She begged anyone and everyone to help her secure visa to come to America so she could come for her children.

I remember a year after I came to America and the only thing she begged was for me to look for him, where do I begin to look for him? I didn't want to disappoint her so I told her I will try my best. She was able to get her ex-husband number, I called him and left him a message. I was so happy when he called back, after we spoke, he promised to contact my aunt. He did call her and after some time she was reunited with her children. I don't know why he did what he did.

I don't know why I remembered her tonight. God listens to every cry and at the appointed time he will wipe away your tears.

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN A YEAR AGO

No comments:

Post a Comment