Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Words of Encouragement from Kechi Okwuchi

"HEY GUYS! 
Been a whiiiiiile huh lol, sorry for the extended absence… I was just thinking. 
Exactly 10 years ago today I'd been awake from a coma for only a couple months and I couldn't move or speak, I couldn't even breathe without tubes down my throat. 
Now, I'm lying in my bed, binge-watching Criminal Minds, and my only immediate concern is that I need to stop being so lazy and start working out > <
Life is so weird, isn't it? 10 years ago, the doctors in South Africa were sure I wouldn't survive what they called 'a huge insult to her body'.
Today I'm a college graduate, about to start my Masters in the fall, God willing.
Sometimes when it's dark all around you, it's all you can see. Light seems nonexistent, or maybe it's there but it's just so, so far away or so, so small.
Press on. Press on because when you give up, it's just over and done, but when you don't… the possibilities are endless!
I can't tell you how many times my faith has pulled me from the brink of hopelessness in the past 11 years, and how many painful things I believed would be a part of my life forever that aren't an issue today. There was a time my scars would never stop itching as they healed, and it drove me mad 24/7. I cried every single day for years because of it.
Today it takes about 2, 3 days off my drugs before I feel even a slight discomfort. I didn't see this kind of progress in my future 6 years ago, not to talk of 10, but here I am.
I don't know who this might encourage or IF this will encourage anyone at all, but I sincerely pray it does"





10 years ago (10/12/2005) Kechi survived the Sosoliso plane crash amidst burns and other injuries. She has been in stages of recovery since then.

As posted on her Facebook Fanpage

No comments:

Post a Comment