Monday, May 23, 2016

2015 election: I was tempted to seek diabolical ways to win , says Melaye

SENATOR Dino Melaye,has relieved his pre-election experience in the 2015 general election,saying he went through several temptations in a bid to know his fate at the poll. 

Dino disclosed that some of his loyalists,who he said were so deeply concerned about his fate ahead of the poll, tempted him to seek victory prediction through different diabolical means. 

But with all the temptations,the senator, who represents Kogi West Senatorial zone on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress,APC,in the National Assembly, said he rebuffed. 

Melaye spoke Sunday,in his Ayetero-Gbede country home,during a special thanksgiving service and empowerment programme he organised, which held at The Apostolic Church Nigeria,Oke-Ayo (Iluafon) Assembly in Ayetero-Gbede.




“When I was contesting election,even from among my supporters,some people came with various advice. In fact, somebody came that I should go to the seven local governments and fetch the soil of the seven local governments. He said that was the way to my victory and I laughed at his ignorance. 

“I will never be diabolical in my life,it pleases to serve God,”he said. 

Speaking about his post election court cases,the senator, who regretted what he called unnecessary court cases he went through from his political rival,thanked God for granting him victory in all the courts his case went to.


“After the victory,I was taken to the tribunal,I’m one of the few persons in this country who was taken to different courts for four times.

 “I went to four different courts. It all started from the tribunal to Appeal Court. The Court of Appeal ordered retrial of the case at the tribunal and we started again. 

“When again,we finished from the tribunal to went back to Court of Appeal,external forces came in. But in all these,God saw me through,”he said. 

“External forces came in during the second time I appeared at the Court of Appeal.But God,in His mercy,gave me victory for the second time,”he said.

Culled from Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment